Followers

Search This Blog

Monday 16 May 2011

The world or Jesus

THE WORLD OR JESUS

                                        If I could give you the world I would.
But it wouldn’t ease the pain.
If I could give you the world at peace I would.
But real peace comes from god alone.
If I could give you a large house I would.
But only my father can give this to you.

If I gave you a bible what would you do?
Would you read it or hide it away.
If I gave you my love what would you do?
Would you accept or turn in fear.
If I gave you god’s peace what would you do?
Would you rest or still worry and fear.

Would you look to my Jesus?
Or look to the world.
Would you give him your life?
Or wander away.
Would you accept his love and words today?
Or would you just turn away.

The choice is yours I cannot say more.
Will you in faith fling open the door?
Or stay shut away in pride and fear.
Would you trust in my Jesus?
Or face him in death
© Julie Clark

No comments:

Pageviews last month