Followers

Search This Blog

Thursday 19 March 2015

Kneeling Before the Cross of Christ

Kneeling before the cross of Christ
My heart cries out tonight
 For all the sick and sorrowing
 The lost, the lonely, the scared

 I see his mother standing too
 Beneath this cruel dark cross
No mind could fully comprehend
 The grief she felt that night

 The soldiers mocking on the ground
 The people jeering in the crowd
 The disciples confused and feeling let down
 Not seeing beyond the cross

 A lonely tomb, they buried him
 And the solders thought they had won
 They had stopped the fret on the empire
 But then the third day drew near

 I see before me an empty tomb
And Jesus is standing here
I see the nail prints in his hands
I see the nail prints in his feet

 And now I see the victory
 Of new and resurrections life
I see the love within his eyes
 And I feel his loving touch

This Easter time as we celebrate
 With chocolate, buns and sweets
 Please look to the cross where he died for you
It will surely change your life

No comments:

Pageviews last month